Sunday, November 12, 2017

Thanksgiving in two weeks…

Monday was a pretty good day. Robby's 10th birthday, I can't believe that I have had this amazing guy in my life for eight years… I love him so much! Karen came in and we did some personal-care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. The Woofpack came to get Robby and I forgot to tell them it was his birthday until after they picked him up, I tried to text someone but I didn't have anybody's cell phone and my cell phone. Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise through the lagoon, I ended up turning around between the Laguna and Bay St., Park. They've been working on the grounds they had about six guys from Parks and Recreation digging up the ground, putting in sprinklers and stuff like that. They had a bunch of those wooden triangle pylon things and there were some caution tape that had ripped off and was getting caught in my chair, I tried to get through a couple of times but I was afraid that I was going to fall off of the sidewalk and embarrass myself further in front of all these guys so I decided to turn around and go the way back through the lagoon. We cruised through Depot Park and over to the wharf, we cruise down to the end and back and it was so beautiful we did it two more times before going home. The boys and I hung out in the driveway, they're getting along better and better each day. Rosa came in and put me to bed and Talya came by and dropped off some food, she said she could cook for me once in a while. She is so cool and just makes you happy! We were supposed to play cards but by the time everybody had left it was already 7:30 PM and too late to start playing for my uncle and aunt. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep.






















Tuesday turned out to be a really good day. Cindy came in an got me up and took me to my callback appointment at the imaging center for another mammogram and ultrasound, They found an abnormality in my left breast.Right after she took the images the lady said that it looks like it might just be scar tissue from a breast reduction I had a couple of years ago, After taking the ultrasound and bringing in the doctor he said that's exactly what it was…Such a relief!He did suggest then I start getting an MRI every year as well as a mammogram so now I need to make an appointment for that.After the appointment We stopped by Safeway to get some cinnamon raisin bagels and ended up with a whole cart full of stuff, I didn't get a chance to eat before my appointment and I was starving.We came back here and I had some tomato soup and chicken wings before dude and I took off for our cruise, They're working on all the street again so we took a left o Laurel Drive and went up to California and, of course, they were doing work there also so I had to crossover and then cross back..Every day is an adventure around here anymore, I never know what route I'm going to have to take which drives me crazy because I like to take the same route every day...Maybe this is good for me and my OCD? On the way back down the wharf, I ran into Carol, A lady that works at The Woodys Café...I ran into her all the time out front of the restaurant. We cruise and talked for a while and then dude and I went home and hung out in the driveway for a while with Robby.Rosa came in and put me to bedAnd I just wanted to go to sleep, I really need to start using my FES Cycle and do the full evening ritual before I go to sleep...Washing my face, Brushing my teeth and everything else.By the end of the day I usually just went to bed and watch TV and be left alone but I'm getting old so I need to do all of this stuff. I ate some chicken with pesto and a kale salad that Talya made, It was pretty good.

















Wednesday was not a good day. Susan was supposed to come in to give me a nice long massage but she woke up late so she didn't make it. Karen came in and fed the boys and the girl and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. I wasn't feeling good and I really wanted to stay in bed but of course, today was the Life on Wheel support group so I wanted to go to that. I headed down to Dominican rehab and I kept looking down and noticing that dude looked like he was living really bad, I was going to try to make it down there and then just have my mom come and get me but it broke my heart to see Dude limping so I called my mom to come and give me a ride. By the time my mom got there it was too late to go to the support group and I emailed Roger and he said don't bother, he didn't think that anybody was going to show up. My mom came and got me and brought me home and since I still wasn't feeling very good I just had Karen put me back to bed and I rested for the rest of the day. It was kind of nice to have some extra time to relax and watch TV.

Thursday was a nice day. We have found out that the father of a lifelong family that we grew up with is in the hospital and refusing food and medical care, he is just ready to pass away. I canceled my appointment with my psychologist and my appointment with Jennifer to get my facial and my brother drove up from Modesto to drive my mom and I over the hill to Los Gatos to say goodbye. Both of his sons, his daughter, brothers, sisters, uncles, and cousins were all there. It was really nice to see everybody again, it's been many many years. It was really crowded so we didn't stay long and we stopped to have lunch before we came back home. Rosa came in and put me to bed and then hurried back to watch her grandson play football across the street, luckily she didn't have to go far and it didn't take long. I watch Dr. Phil and then a couple more of the saw movies before I drifted off to sleep.




















Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot, essential oil infused bath… It felt great! She got me dressed and up and my mom drove us over to my last PT appointment with Nathan at Dominican rehab. I'm feeling much better and I feel even better when I do my exercises and stretches, he gave me all the work to do now I just have to do it… It helps a lot that I feel so much better after doing it. I had my mom dropped me off on their way home so I could take Dude for a cruise without Robby seeing and feeling bad, we cruised through Depot Park and We cruised up to Westcliff Drive, down to the Lighthouse Museum and back… It was such a beautiful day. We cruised down to the wharf where we cruised up and down a couple of times. My Google Glass hasn't been working very well, some days it works and some days it doesn't, I think it's about ready to die… I don't know what I'm going to do without it. I did look on eBay and order a new one, I hope it works… It always makes me nervous buying something like that online but I tried to reach out to a couple people from Google and they just don't sell them anymore to the public. It started raining so we came back and stopped by my uncle and aunt's to visit some old neighbors of theirs, Rich, Sue and the new puppy was there so we stopped by to talk to them for a little bit. Theresa came in and put me to bed and my mom brought me over some food, pork chops and sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and a killer salad. I watched TV for a while and then listen to music for a while and drifted off to sleep.












































Saturday was another great day, I don't know how many more great days I have until it starts raining. Cindy came in and got me up and I took Robby for a nice long cruise since the Woofpack did not come and get him this morning. We cruised through Depot Park, through Bay Street Park, in front of the wharf and down in front of the boardwalk, the boardwalk is already getting ready for Christmas… They had some decorations and the skating rink set up. We cruised back home and I hung out in the driveway with the boys for a while and then took Dude out for a cruise, it's always a really nice day when I ran into Russell and Sparky, found out that Russell's wife works at Sunshine Villa where Rosa works… It really is a small world. I ran into a couple of other people that I have met since living in Santa Cruz… I love talking to them except when my nose won't stop running. We cruised home and warmed up the house a little bit, it was starting to get cold outside. Theresa came in and fed the crew and put me to bed. It's nice to relax and warm and now I just have to decide if I want to watch TV or listen to music after I meditate for a little while. I decided to try meditation and mindfulness exercises to see if I can get rid of some of this anxiety, frustration, and stress. Even when I'm in bed my body just doesn't start moving and twitching, it's really annoying.

Sunday was another really great day! Cindy came in and fed the crew and got me up and Robby and I took off for a nice long cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive a little bit and then down to the wharf and then down to the boardwalk… I forgot how awesome it is to cruise around with Robby, everybody remembers him loves so much and it reminds me how lucky I am that he is been in my life for eight years. Karen and Cindy went over to my storage unit to organize everything and make sure everything is label properly, I think to do that every once in a while. I came back and got Dude and left Robbie here to rest while we wait for a cruise over to the boardwalk to take pictures of the Christmas decorations and the ice-skating rink, the pictures I took yesterday didn't come out for some reason. I think my Google Glass is about to die, thank goodness I ordered a new one from eBay and it should be delivered next week. I debated for a long time because I don't want to end up buying one and have it not work for one reason or another but a really desperate, I've had one for so long I don't know what I would do without it… Hopefully, I did make a mistake. Dude and I cruised around for a while and then came home to rest for a bit before Theresa came in to feed everybody and then put me to bed. She made me some tacos and spinach and I just relaxed the rest of the evening and watch TV.




















































1 comment:

betty said...

Happy belated birthday to Robbie. I remember when you got him. I can't believe its been 8 years! Cool Christmas decorations!

Betty