Sunday, October 1, 2017

Ready to decorate for Halloween…

Monday was a really nice day. Karen came in and got me up in the Woofpack came and got Robby so it was just Dude and I. We cruised through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park, down Westcliff Drive and then down to the end of the wharf and back... by this time I better head home because I know my chair is about to die. The batteries get down to about halfway and then all the sudden it's flashing red and I have to inch my way back home and then spend the rest of the day sitting in my room. I watched TV for a while and then Dude and I hung out in the driveway and waited for Robby to come home, he always zooms past us and goes out to the dog run to go potty and then into the house to wait for food... Not even a hello. Rosa came in and put me to bed and got us all something to eat and then my uncle and aunt, Claudia and my mom and I played cribbage until everybody got tired. I went right to sleep after.





















Tuesday was another great day. Cindy came in and got me up and I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon and back through Depot Park and then back home. I rested for a while and then Dude and I went on a cruise, a regular long cruise until my battery dies and we have to limp back home again, I'm so glad I get my chair back tomorrow. Omar came by with half of the boxes from storage of Halloween decorations, I'm so excited! I talked to my cousin Debbie for a while, she so awesome! Rosa came in and fed the gang and put me to bed. I was so cranky and I just couldn't get comfortable, I feel bad but I just wanted everybody to go away and leave me alone.









Wednesday was a pretty good day. The last day in my backup chair. Karen came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, I'm ready for the day! Daniel from Numotion came by to fix my old chair after a month, I'm so beyond happy to get it back.  Omar came by and brought the rest of the Halloween decorations and finished my Burrell table, it looks amazing! I didn't want to wait because I didn't know how long it would take so I got in the back of chair one more time and got to cruise the guys around at least until about 1 PM before the chair died and I had to creep back home again. It was really nice outside so the boys and I hung out in the driveway, it was really nice. They would run back and forth and play and then they would just lay there for a while, it's nice to see them getting along so well… I knew they would eventually. Rosa came in and fed the boys and brought me way too many chicken enchiladas that she made but guess what?? I ate them all, needless to say, my blood checker would be really high in the morning. Rosa put me to bed and I was out immediately, I took a couple of PMs and a lorazepam because the back of my shoulder is acting up again.




















 Thursday was an awesome day! It was so nice to be back in my old chair. Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby for a cruise to the wharf, to the boardwalk and back and then to my appointment downtown with my psychologist. After my appointment I brought Robby back home, it was already really hot. I took Dude and we cruise down to the end of the wharf and back into the end of the boardwalk and back, I decided to go downtown where there's a lot more shade so we cruised around there for a while. On the way home I think the heat was getting to dude because he pooped as we were walking down the sidewalk and it was basically liquid, I was so embarrassed. To top it off there was a bunch of guys sit in on the curb across the street and one of them yelled something about cleaning up after my dog, I thought it was coming from someone behind me so I turned around to see if they wanted to clean it up for me but didn't see anybody and as I turned back around I heard them laughing and saw where they were… Why does something like that have to ruin the rest of my day? It was a little humiliating and made me angry, I always think of the perfect thing to say about 10 or 20 minutes later. We cruised back home and hung out in the driveway with Robby for a while until it got too hot, Robby wanted to stay out longer but he had been in the house of the air conditioning on as we cruised around. My chair lasted 8 1/2 miles today, it feels so great. Rosa came in and put me to bed, I was overheated and just wanted to go straight to bed. I fell asleep for a while and then woke up and couldn't go back to sleep so I watched some TV or listen to music while I looked through my photos, that Google Glass really does a great job!








Friday was a really good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a bath before she got me up and going for the day. I took Robby out first and we cruised through the lagoon, in front of the wharf in the boardwalk and then back, it's already getting warm. I dropped off Robby and got Dude and Omar was starting to go through that Halloween decorations to see where everything is going to go, even though I don't need any more decorations they still tend to multiply each year. I started getting one animated declaration a year and I'm probably going to have to stop at some point or start getting rid of some old stuff… I can't really see me getting rid of any all decorations though LOL. I took Dude for a cruise through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park, down to the end of the work and back where I can see Bill creating another sand sculpture on the beach, it was a Thunderbird car… The Thunderbirds are going to be on the worth Saturday. He made it so that it's 3D and people can actually sit in the front seat and hold onto the steering well, that man is so creative! I wanted to try to find somebody to put Dude in the driver seat and take a picture for me but I didn't see anybody I knew and I don't think it's right to just hand off my dog and my camera to a complete stranger just to get a picture, I might not get either back. I thought about asking Bill but I didn't want to bother him so I figured I would try again tomorrow. We cruised through the boardwalk, I'm always so nervous because I'm afraid that Dude is going to poop and there will be nobody around nice enough to pick it up for me. Some people are really nice about it and then there was that group of knuckleheads yesterday that was giving me a bad time. We cruised back down the work again and then home, it was so nice to be able to go 8 1/2 miles and be able to walk both dogs. The boys and I hung out in the driveway for a while. When I came home there was a guy parked in front and as I was trying to get in the gate I said hello to him and said hello back, I was having trouble closing the gate and I heard him say "I'll get that for you Tammie" I looked again but didn't recognize him and then he said "I'm Theresa's husband". I met him once or twice before but I didn't have my glasses on and although I remember he was good-looking I didn't remember exactly what he looked like, I apologized for not recognizing him and I saw Theresa pull up with her daughter and her daughter's friend. The guy, I can't remember his name, pulled a bike out of the back of the truck and showed it to the daughter and I felt bad for him because she ignored it and ran up to the puppy to say hello. Theresa put me to bed and I was out before she left.

















 Saturday was another pretty good day although I woke up feeling like I'm catching the flu, I decided to get up anyway and see what happens because I want to see the Thunderbirds on the wharf. The Woofpack came and got Robby so it was just Dude and I cruising around for the day. Omar came by and started putting up the Halloween decorations, I can't believe it's Halloween again already but I'm excited! We cruised through Depot Park, he poked on the sidewalk going that way so at least I know I don't have to worry about him pooping in public for a couple of hours, I can't wait until he's over that phase. We cruised over to the wharf and Bill was working on making his Thunderbird sculpture in the sand 3D, it looks so awesome. Again I didn't see anybody to take a picture of Dude so we just cruised around and checked out the cars, they are so cool! We cruised over to the boardwalk and down to the end and back, I held my breath and watched the puppy closely hoping he wasn't going to poop on the boardwalk… He didn't. I gave him about 20 opportunities outside but he never did. We cruised back over to the wharf again and I ran into Lo and her boyfriend, I was going to ask them to take a picture of Dude in the Thunderbird sand sculpture but they look so adorable together I didn't want to bother them… I think they only get to see each other on the weekends. We cruised back home and waited for Yukio to bring Robby back and we hung out in the driveway for a while and the boys chased each other around, they will sleep good tonight. Thresa came in and fed the gang and put me to bed… I still wasn't feeling very good and now the cold air is starting to make the back of my shoulder hurt again, I don't want to get old. She brought me some tongue tacos and made me a salad, tacos usually make me feel better and even though they didn't it was nice to have them… I'm not so sick that I can't taste anything. I watched TV for a while and then listen to some music for a while and finally fell asleep listening to Michael Franti, I love this guy!

























































Sunday I wasn't feeling much better so I decided to stay in bed and sleep all day and maybe I will feel better tomorrow. Cindy came in and fed everybody and put me on my side for the rest of the day. She painted my fingernails, gunmetal gray and purple… Not quite Halloween colors but kind of. I watched TV for the rest of the day until Theresa came in and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, she put me back to bed and I watched TV for the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

betty said...

I just can't believe it is October! I know you'll have fun decorating for Halloween! Glad you got your regular chair back so you can cruise as much as you want to!

betty