Monday, September 4, 2017

Lots of concerts this week…

Monday was a really good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. It was just Dude and I today because Robby went for a hike with his Woofpack group. Dude and I cruised through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park and down almost the end of Westcliff Drive… It felt so great to cruise down Westcliff Drive again, it is so beautiful and what a perfect day. We cruised back down Westcliff Drive and headed down to the end of the wharf and back and then we cruised home so we could be here when Robby got home, I didn't even realize we did 8 miles. We all hung out in the yard for a while and then in the house for a while while we waited for Rosa. Rosa came in and put me to bed and Stanley showed up. My uncle and aunt, Claudia, my mom, Stanley and I played cribbage… My aunt was my partner and we didn't do so well but we had fun. I watched TV and fell right to sleep.




































Tuesday was an awesome day. Cindy came in and got me up and I cruised around with Robby to the wharf, to the boardwalk and then back home to rest for a bit. Cindy took Dude and I to the bank and shopping and then dropped us off at Bay St., Park. We cruised down to the end of the wharf back and then down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home where I rested for a bit. Stanley and I took off to the Saratoga Mountain winery to watch ZZ Top and the Doobie Brothers in concert, we have a taco salad and then headed over to the concert. The concert was amazing! I knew that I would enjoy the Doobie Brothers but I do know how much I would enjoy ZZ Top, I knew a lot more of their selves that I thought I did and they put on a great show but for some reason, I thought there were three guys with long beards and there were only two. After the concert we cruised home and Rosa was here to put me to bed, I watch Dr. Phil until I fell asleep.























Wednesday was another great day!  Karen came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, over to the wharf and then back home again and we hung out in the driveway for a while… I think he needed a break from the kid. I brought Robby in and took Dude out for a cruise to the end of the boardwalk at back, to the end of the wharf and back and then home. I rested for a while and then Stanley and I took off for the Saratoga Mountain winery for another concert, this time Chicago! I've seen Chicago there for the last couple of years and I just fell in love with them all over again. I was really disappointed last because they don't have the crepe station at the Mountain winery anymore so we decided to try a sit-down dinner and it was awesome! Stanley had squid and white bean salad and I have a melon and prosciutto salad, it was pretty darn good. For dinner Stanley had salmon and I had a filet, fingerling potatoes and arugula salad. Of course, the concert was amazing and was overweight too fast, they played for three hours and it was sad to see it over. It was kind of cool, the second night that we were there a lot of people recognized us, I realize that I really stand out in this big power chair but it still always kind of makes you feel good when people remember you… If they remember you for good things LOL. Nobody gave us a dirty look so I'm assuming they weren't remembering us from a bad experience. After the concert we cruised home and Rosa was waiting here to put me to bed, after two late nights I was exhausted but it was great. I was too wound up to go to sleep but it was really nice to be back home where it was nice and warm.


































 Thursday was a pretty good day, I was exhausted and wanted to stay in bed but I had an appointment downtown at 11 AM. Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby for a cruise down to the wharf and then took him to my appointment, I don't usually take him because he doesn't have public access anymore but it's a pet-friendly place. After my appointment we cruised back home and I took Dude out for a cruise, it was really hot everywhere so we cruised through the lagoon and then went back downtown where the sidewalks were nice and shady and cruise while longer. We cruised back home and all of us hung out in the driveway for a while and practiced commands. Whenever I asked Dude to do something Robby would step in front of him and do it so I think we're going to have to do the commands separately. Rosa came home and put me to bed and I was out, I wanted to watch a movie but I fell asleep before it was over. It was called everything everything.














Friday was another great day. Karen came in and we get some personal care and of course the nice long hot bath, always the beginnings of a great day. I took Dude out for a nice long cruise and Karen took Robby for a walk a couple of blocks and then came back. It was really really hot and since I got a late start we went down through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park and then cruised downtown and came home because it was really really hot. I wanted to cruise down to the end of the wharf and down to the end of the boardwalk but I was afraid the pavement/cement was too hot for Dude's feet, I thought summer was almost over but this heat wave is ridiculous. I decided not to go to the concert, it was the last one this season but it was just way too hot. Of course, when Theresa got here at 4 PM it seemed like it had cooled down a little bit but I was already overheated so I just wanted to go to bed and turn the air conditioner way up. Theresa put me to bed and I just relaxed and watched TV for the rest of the evening until I fell asleep.











 Saturday was another really hot day. Cindy came in and got me up and I took Robby for a cruise down to the wharf and back, it was already getting hot and I wanted to be able to take Dude out for a little cruise also. I came back and we looked for Robby's pool in the garage, we didn't see it so I was afraid it went to storage… All of the sudden I heard Cindy, Luana and Melia scream "Robby's pool!" They took it out and filled it up and I had some pit balls so they threw those in there too. The girls had a lot of fun in the pool but Robby and Dude wouldn't get in for very long, we got Robby to go in three times but he jumped out the other side and we only got Dude to go in once. I finally came inside because it was already 104°. Theresa came in and put me to bed and I just watch TV for the rest of the evening. I couldn't even get the air conditioner to go down to 70° because it was so hot outside.














Sunday was a good day. I thought about staying in bed but noticed it was going to be a lot cooler so I thought I better get up and take advantage of it. Robby and I took off for a cruise through the lagoon and across the front of the wharf and Boardwalk and then back home. He's getting a lot more tired these days and were going a lot slower, maybe I'll take him out again after I cruise Dude. We cruised back and then it was Dude's turn, we also cruised through the lagoon and down Westcliff Drive and then back. Teresa was going to come in early so we can do some personal care and take a bath tonight so I can get up early and take off in the morning. My nieces husband's parents and two brothers are coming down to stay the night so I like to get up early and take them to breakfast. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath felt so great. My niece's husband's family got here really late and I was already asleep.









1 comment:

betty said...

The concerts sounded good and the food always delicious!!! Hope you had a nice Labor Day Tammie!

betty