Monday, February 2, 2015

Family visiting from Wyoming, I'm so excited…

 Monday turned out to be a really good day. I was going to stay in bed because I was afraid that my chair would just stop and I would be stuck somewhere but both Robby and I needed to get out. I didn't want to go through the lagoon because if my chair to stop there would be no way for anybody to come and pick me up in my van so we cruised through Depot Park, down Westcliff Drive, to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk and back and then down to the wharf and back again and then home. It was overcast and the waves and the clouds were gorgeous, I just couldn't stop taking pictures of them. I came home and rested for a bit and then Rosa came in, I had a terrible headache so I took a couple of PMs and hopefully I'll be asleep before too long.


























































































Tuesday was a gorgeous day! I had to take a urine sample to Quest and when I got there they said I was supposed to also have fasting blood draw but I had already eaten breakfast drink coffee so I'll have to go back Friday. I had Lisa take me to drop off the sample because I had to go back to the same exact place in an hour to have my teeth cleaned. I was curious to see what the dental hygienist had to say about my teeth since I quit using toothpaste, mouthwash and act… They all had corroded agents in them. I started using coconut oil, baking soda and cinnamon… I feel like they're cleaner but the dentist said I need some fluoride a recommended I use Tom's toothpaste so I will look at the ingredients. I always love the way my teeth feel after I get them cleaned. Robby and I cruised through San Lorenzo Park, it was really nice and there was nobody around. We cruised down the reservoir to the boardwalk to check out the progress of the access ramp going across the tree branch to E. Cliff Dr., I'm so excited about being able to cruise over there. I got up enough nerve to ask one of the guys that was working on it if it was indeed an access ramp that a wheelchair could use to get across that the guy said yes, he was the one that was going to be installing the rails.  While I was looking at the railroad tracks a couple on bikes stopped because they saw Robby, apparently their daughter was injured three years ago and just received a CCI dog. Their daughter drove horse carriages, how cool is that?? They were so sweet and they also love their daughter very much. I hope one day to see them again and maybe even the daughter, she sounds like an amazing lady. While I was cruising through the boardwalk and ran into Dori, she is a friend of Heathers that works at the Boardwalk… In the coconut Grove. She said that is supposed to be ready in a week, I'm so excited I just can't stand it. The clouds/sky was so beautiful of course I ended up taking way too many pictures but I just couldn't help myself. We cruised to the end of the wharf and I heard my phone beep, the battery was dying. While I was waiting at the dentist's office I played cribbage and ran my battery down. I decided I better head back home because my chair is not very reliable these days and I don't want to get stuck because I really don't have anybody to come and rescue me. I cruised home and talk to Omar for a bit, he's taking off the first week of February to go back to Mexico and work on his house… Teresa saw the pictures and she said that it's amazing. I rested for a bit and Rosa came in to put me to bed, we did some personal care I got to take a nice long hot bath before I went back to bed.




































Wednesday was an exciting day. I got up and cruised over to Dominican rehab, Roger emailed me and said he wanted to talk to me about trying to start another support group. When I first moved here we tried one might the only way we can really get people to attend is if we brought food. We also kind of limited it to spinal cord injury and this time were talking about opening it up to anybody who is differently able, I'm really excited and I hope it's going to work this time. It is going to be part of their PEP (personal enrichment program) so it will be in all the brochures and I think more people will see it. We have another meeting next week to go over the details and figure out where, when and how often. My chair only shut off twice on the way down there so it made me really nervous, I really shouldn't have tried to go that far but is really excited about finding out what Roger had to say. I cannot really slowly and I just barely made it back before my battery went dead, that's when I have most of the problems with my chair. I was telling Roger and I would love to be able to give up my chair for one day to either a Permobile or Numotion technician so they can drive it for one day and see what I'm talking about, of course it never does any of this stuff in the hour that the technician is here. I got the next best thing, they are sending Daniel out at 4 PM on Monday so I will be able to run the battery down on my chair by the time he gets there and be in bed so he could drive it around and see how it is. I came home and rested for a bit and Rosa came in to put me to bed. I watch TV and relaxed and fell asleep fairly early.





Thursday was a pretty good day. I had my third appointment with my psychologist and it went pretty well, I have a lot to say and I feel really comfortable talking to her. After I left I cruised home and rested for a bit and Kay came over to color, highlight and cut my hair… I'm so glad that she comes here to do it and that she does such a fantastic job. Robby and I practiced some commands in the driveway and then Rosa came in to put me to bed, do some personal care and give me a nice long hot bath. It was pretty late by the time she left and I was already almost asleep. Teresa took Roxy, a stray cat adopted us a couple of months back, into get fixed and found out that she was already fixed and that she was approximately 10 years old… She looks and acts like a little kitten. I haven't seen any flyers and it looks in the pet finders ad and didn't see anything about her so I guess she will just hang around here until she finds her way back to her home or just stays here.



Friday was another great day. Susan came in to give me a massage, a very much-needed massage and I think I was asleep or near a sleep the whole time. Karen got me up and Robby and I went for a cruise through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park,  down Westcliff Drive where we ran into Dr. Dave and his son getting ready to go out and surf… The waves were beautiful and there was a lot of people out there taking advantage of them, to the end of the wharf and back and as I looked down I had only gone about 4 1/2 miles in the batteries looked low on my chair so I came home. Of course after I got home and sat for a while the battery charge indicator climbed right up again to almost fully charged, I don't dare take a chance and not believe what the battery indicator charger says… It really sucks! Teresa called and said that she was in San Jose and asked me if I wanted her to pick me up something from the cheesecake factory on her way home, are you kidding me?? Of course I do. I called and ordered my usual, steak Diane and shrimp scampi and a Cocoa coffee cheesecake… I am in heaven!













Saturday was an awesome day. I got up and took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon and up to Dr. Owen's office to see if I can get a note to skip jury duty, she gave me a lifelong prescription to be excused but I got a notice a week or two ago and forgot all about it and I need to call in on Monday. They found the prescription from 2009 so hopefully it's still good, I'll probably call them at 11 o'clock on Monday and if they tell me I need to come in I will just take it with me and if they don't want to honor it I will just do whatever I do. Lisa picked me up at Dr. Owen's office and took me to Costco to get a couple of things that I needed, usually I never stop at a couple of things OR things I needed but we were in a hurry so we did pretty good. We got back here and I rested for a bit and my moms cousin and her husband, Phil, Kathleen and Oscar arrived. I have met them before but really got to know Kathleen through Facebook and I was really excited about their visit. We visited for a while and then Teresa came in, I forgot that we were invited to John and Cassidy's baby shower so we left. I swear that family has the best family and friends, they are also really sweet and funny. Everybody just wandered around and talk to everyone else and there was some awesome food. We watched them open baby gifts and then took some pictures of Robby doing silly things… Our favorite thing to do. We left and went over to El Palamar and had something to eat, I had seafood chili relleno and a salad and it was pretty awesome. We came back home and I saw my mom walking out to the van and I just knew she had some bad news, my cousin Kelly's dog Bailey passed away this afternoon… So heartbreaking. Teresa put me to bed.


































 Rest in peace sweet Bailey…

Sunday was a long and boring day. For some reason I just could not keep my eyes open but every time I would almost falsely something would jerk me awake, it was a really weird feel. When Lisa came in and took my blood sugar it was 62, I don't think it has ever been the low. I wasn't hungry at all and I just wanted to sleep. I hope this vitamin syrup that I take when I have pressure sores and that is the sweetest thing that I can think of so I took a couple tablespoons of facts, waited 20 minutes and my blood sugar was 120. I slept on and off for a little while and then ate breakfast and then my blood sugar was 260… What is going on?? I slept on and off the rest of the day and then Teresa sent me a message and said that she had a really bad headache so I told him to just stay home and my mom came down and fed Robby and I. I watched the movie The Judge, it was good but not as good as I thought it was going to be.  I also watched Annabell and it was pretty scary but predictable.

1 comment:

betty said...

So sorry to hear about your cousin's dog, Tammie; looked like such a sweet one!

Oh my gosh, that cheesecake I bet was delicious!! I can never resist a piece of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory myself :)

What a cute baby shower; glad you got to go and see everyone.

I think it would be neat if you guys could get together a support group; good luck with it!

betty